Friday, April 15, 2011

Week 13


Tuesday, 05 April 2011

            I felt the tension when I arrived at the class today. Everyone seemed very focus studying their notes for the last time. Obviously today was the day for our quiz! I have gone through all the notes for the lectures, but still I felt nervous to take the test.
            The class started off with some presentations on research proposal. I noticed that we listened to the presentations, but our minds were busy memorizing the notes for the test. Sorry, Dr. Izaham. We couldn’t focus our attention to the presentations anymore. While waiting for the last person to arrive and present, Dr. Izaham let us answer the test first. The first impression when I laid my eyes on the question paper – quite hard. But as I skimmed and scanned through the questions, it was not bad. My overall opinion about the test paper is it was quite okay - some of the questions were not too easy, and some were quite difficult. Some of the questions were quite confusing (or only me didn’t know the answers) and some of them can be answered if we paid full attention to the lectures before this.
            Frankly speaking, thank God that we had this test because this test had made me really read the notes and the book about research methodology. Although I might not score well, at least in my opinion, my knowledge on research methodology has increased and many things are clearer to me now. But still, I have some confusion to differentiate correlational and causal-comparative research – I tend to regard it as the same. I know I need to read a lot more on these, and thank you Dr. Izaham for sharing your knowledge and for your guidance for our research methodology.

No comments:

Post a Comment